Saturday, October 29, 2005

Remember Jesus Christ

"Remember Jesus Christ, risen from the dead, descended from David, as preached in my gospel, the gospel for which I am suffering and wearing fetters like a criminal. But the word of God is not fettered." 2Timothy 2:8-9

Yesterday, my roommates and I received a Christian tract on our door. I subsequently read it. It outlined the Gospel, something that I know, but nevertheless, being reminded of the reality of Christ and what He did on our behalf, I was overjoyed.

I think as Christians, it's easy to forget simple stuff, like the Gospel. Being reminded of it is very good for our spiritual health. As fallen humans, it's our tendency to forget what others have done for us, and this tendency directly affects the way we handle spiritual realities.

The tract we received was pretty simple. It went over the Gospel. Man has sinned, we've broken the Law, God must be just, we deserve death, Jesus died for us, we're now saved if we trust Christ and live Christian lives for the praise of His glory. Very good news.

So, there's a reminder of the Gospel. A very brief one, but reminders of much greater, richer realities must be brief for practicality's sake. Rejoice in this Gospel, for by it you have been freed from sin and death. If anything can lift the spirits of mankind, in the horrible wretched state we are in, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the God-Man, is it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home