Monday, September 12, 2005

Ok, I have returned

That's right, after over two months of inactivity on this blog of mine, I have decided to give it another shot. It was not a conscious decision on my part to take a leave of absence. I just got lazy. Well, that's not a good idea I think. I think it's best to continue to write on here, even when I don't really have much to say.

The Gospel reading at Mass this past Sunday was from Matthew 18. It was about the man who had the servant. The servant had a substantial debt and could not pay it back. The master, for whatever reason, decided to pardon him after hearing his pleas for mercy. The servant however, found himself in the exact same situation as the master had with him, only a much smaller debt was involved. The servant, however, acted with no mercy.

How often do we act like others owe us something? Like others should treat us a certain way because we deserve it? I often forget that God has granted me the very life in me. That's bad. To be ungrateful of the supreme gift He has given to us. And after we've been pardened for our sins, for our unprofitableness, we should give to others just as freely. It makes sense.

Anyway, I've got homework to do. Have a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home