Sunday, October 02, 2005

Anger and Football

Our football team beat the Baylor Bears on Saturday 16 to 13. That was in overtime. It made for a pretty exciting game, at least the last quarter. I actually enjoyed it. I have no reason to complain. We won the game. However, I think many people are complaining about it. Many Aggies.

The reason for this is that they think we should have beat the Bears by a great many touchdowns. Why? Because the Bears are not supposed to be very good, and we are. Many spent the game cussing, getting extremely angry, and cussing some more. In other words, paying for a football ticket, and taking four hours out of their day to go watch the Aggies win made them unhappy.

In my honest opinion, I don't think football is important enough to be unhappy about. It is a game afterall. I covered this in a previous post. I was more unhappy about the people around me being so angry. I mean, really, this was an Aggie football game, not an 18th century pirate ship.

It wasn't only the guys who were cussing, but the females as well. That really grosses me out. You see, guys are, by their very nature, attracted to females. And when a female is being so nasty, it's just gross.

But, anyway, the anger i saw that day was not a righteous anger. It was a very disturbing anger. I didn't like it at all. Anger is not something that can usually be contained easily, it grows, it affects others, and makes them angry. Anger is contagious. That's why we need to be careful with anger, and only use it for good. I don't think people understand that.

Well, I'm not sure what else to say. I need to study for a test I have tomorrow. Perhaps my next post should be more uplifting. It's just that this is something that bothers me, perhaps because i have a hard time understanding it. It just doesn't seem very logical. Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home