Friday, November 10, 2006

Good Night/Morning

It is that time of night where it's hard to distinguish whether to call it late or early. I'm not sure what it is about this part of the 24-hour cycle that causes time to fly by at an incredibly fast rate. When I'm at work, time seems to go by slower than usual. That's really not a bad thing though.

I read an article online a while back, and part of it was on boredom. The article promoted the idea that if you're bored, it's your own fault. I've come to agree with it. Being bored is an act of laziness. It's a laziness of the mind. If one uses his intellectual energy to entertain himself, then he will never be bored, only tired, which is completely different. Being tired is a good thing, as long as it's not all the time. Being tired reminds me that I am at least doing something, as opposed to nothing. Being bored then is a sign that you are doing nothing.

So be tired rather than bored. This is my advice to myself, as well as to anyone who reads this. It really does work. It's also evidence of the passing of time, something to be marveled at, especially at this time of night/morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home